Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

Home Foren Live Tour-Tagebuch Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

#4584473  | PERMALINK

Breed 77

VillaHermosa Centro de Convenciones 1st May

Well, we have been resting for some days now. Everybody has been knackered by the heat and partying every night has taken its toll. But I love Mexico. It’s awesome. I’ve been told that in Villahermosa there are the most beautiful girls in Mexico. I couldn’t wait to get to the gig tonight. The gig went as planned. It was wicked. It was an open air venue but still it was hot. The crowds went mental from the first chords of ‚Petroleo‘. The first rows were all singing the words. It was amazing. Every word spread out of the Breed machine is in motion. After our set we blended in the crowd of more than 8000 to watch Mago de Oz and, yes, the women are stunning. We were surrounded by loads of people and ended up signing all sorts of things – breasts included. Yes, this was awesome. I was in heaven. We ended up the night in our hotel partying hard with the Mago guys and a host of Mexican beauties. It can’t get better my friends. Tomorrow we are going to Cancun and will have some days off.

Cancun Plaza de Torros 3rd May

We’ve been a couple of days in Cancun. Already this is heaven: turquoise water, golden sands and rum. My God, we are in the Caribbean and it’s full of US-pirates. It seems we have been in holiday but tonight it’s down to business. We are now at that stage of the tour where we are tight as fuck and really doing the works. The set was awesome. Although I’m sunburned it was an amazing set. I was sweating like hell but I was not complaining. I loved every minute of this cool stuff. The set was a bit longer tonight. We included ‚So you know‘ with the special collaboration of Fernando and Mohamed from Mago: flute and violin. Respectively it was magical. It was the usual stuff. After the gig we partied until sunset. I’m still on the beach, drunk and happy and already people are starting to flock to the beach. I haven’t slept yet. That is rock n roll my friends.

DANNY

Merida 6th May

We have made the most of the Caribbean and stayed the best part of a week in Cancun. On our way up the Yucatan to Merida we entered Maya territory and visited Chichen Nitza, an old Maya city full of pyramids and ruins and an old well that gives the city its name. After getting some good deals on masks and statues in the markets around the site we headed to the Yucatan capital of Merida, a city that once hosted the region’s gold rush settlers. The city centre is a beautiful example of colonial architecture and Stuart and I enjoyed a genuine Mexican breakfast completed with Habanero chillies! The concert tonight was amazing. It was in a massive complex like an aircraft hanger and we estimated that there were nearly 10,000 people tonight. There were problems early on with the barriers caving in under the huge crowds but the venue doubled its security and no one was hurt, although some people were borne away after fainting in the extreme heat. There were Breed banners in the crowd tonight and more people were singing the songs… the word is spreading… the Mexican mission continues!

PAUL

Guadalajara on the 8th may

Well, after two connecting flights from Merida , we found ourselves being driven to la Concha Acoustica in Gudalajara, which means the acoustic shell. The venue was a lovely out door 5000 capacity venue which was set in a big park. It was filled up and oversold by more than 2000 more people which meant that tonight’s show was very special as it’s also Oscar’s – our drummer’s – hometown where he was born. After meeting some members of his family and friends it was time for the show. And what a show! The roar from the crowd that greeted us when the lights went down was deafening. The moment we entered the stage the crowd went mental. It’s amazing to see people getting into our songs and even singing our songs back to us. Which only means, that Mexico is getting into Breed 77’s big time.

Morelia 9th may Palacio del arte

From Guadalajara we found ourselves being driven north in our tour bus – which we share with Mago de Oz – down some lovely country side which looks like it came out of a cowboy film. The country started to change when we started heading up north. It was really nice when we got into whatever town we were playing and we spotted the venue which in this case was a lovely bull ring in a complex. It was also very flattering to see the amount of people who are all queuing up and who have been camping outside the venue from the day before. When we got to the venue we saw that there was a big black dog tied up with a very flimsy looking rope which didn’t look very friendly ha ha! So guess what happened after we played our set: we had finished playing and where helping Jorge – our driver – and the crew to load up Breeds gear into the trailer which was beside the mentioned dogs corner when after some rabid barking our dog breaks his rope and goes for us like lightning. So the fastest band in Mexico was running for their lives and backsides for the safe heaven. That was our backstage room ha ha! Very spinal tap
Stuart

--