Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

Home Foren Live Tour-Tagebuch Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

#4584475  | PERMALINK

Breed 77

Sat 10th May Leon Domo de la Feria

Tonight we were in Leon, an awesome city in the mid part of Mexico. The weather was hot as usual but dry. I’m looking forward to a Saturday gig. The whole day before the gig passed with us stuck in the bus travelling, while reading and sleeping the journey soon ended and after unloading our stuff we were off to the gig at around 5 pm. The atmosphere was electric. There already was a massive queue during sound check and you could hear the chants from outside. It reminded me of a football match. The Mexican fans are extremely passionate, cool stuff for tonight. We changed the set a bit adding „Individuo“ from 2002 CULTURA. It goes down really well as it quickens the tempo of the set. It was business as usual. We had some minor problems with my gear but nothing that Paco – Mago’s and Breed’s guitar tech – couldn’t deal with. The guy is really good. We will toast a drink with him later. Whilst Mago de Oz’s set we were mixing with the audience who were really having a cool time while signing autographs and meeting people. The gig was over in a flash. Tonight is rest time. The weather and long travels have taken there toll and I am near exhaustion. Tomorrow we’ll have a long drive and although we have a couple of days off after that I went to bed around 2 am. Until the next report.

DANNY BREED

Aguascalientes bull ring 11.05.

After a really long journey through the centre of Mexico and after being stopped twice by the federal police with no serious consequences but having to convince the police we were musicians giving them some CDs, we got to Aguascalientes (in English „hot water“ and no wonder because the temperature is seriously hot here!).
The hotel was truly amazing with art everywhere you look at and it is a shame that we are only going to stop here for one night…
Once we got to the gig, tiredness and hangover started to fade away as we felt the vibe from the crowd. And right after a couple of beers and warming up a bit we jumped on the stage ready to show them why we were there!
The gig went down really, really well and the people in the first rows got absolutely crazy about our usual set. We realized the more days we are playing the more people are singing our songs and more „Breed, Breed, Breed!“ is coming from the audience.
When we finished we got back to the hotel with no intentions at all to rest, because we have been told that it is „la feria“ downtown and everyone is partying till the sunlight.
A quick shower and there we went! We got invited to a club called „Rock`n`Drink“ and with such a name, well, let’s say we where not exactly playing poker…
After god knows how many rounds I decided to jump on stage again but this time for singing (thanks god there exist no recordings!!…). After a couple completely out of tunes Spanish blues songs Danny hit the stage to shred along „Smoke On The Water“ and as we got deeper into the night we loosed more and more control and we ended up really, really drunk!!! But at the same time, really, really happy… If it wouldn’t be for tomorrow’s hangover…

Hermosillo, 15.05.

Hermosillo means something like „the little nice one“ and we were told that some of the prettiest Mexican women are from there. So we can’t wait to get there…
Tonight the venue was an open air and we were told that it’s going to be absolutely packed with a crazy crowd hungry of metal.
They didn’t lie to us! As we got on stage people were already shouting and ready to show the energy they have been saving for tonight. And we are the living prove that they are really crazy!!! „Petroleo“, then „Alive“ and we had to stop at the third one, „World`s on fire“, because the further rows got absolutely mental and started to push forward getting the first rows smashed!
After Paul’s speech and getting the crowd a bit more calmed down we kept going and ended up with people asking for an encore!!!
These Mexican guys really go for it!!
We ended up the night signing papers, t-shirts and… well, some flesh too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEDRO CAPARROS

--