Behemoth – The Satanist

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen Behemoth – The Satanist

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 203)
  • Autor

Epidemic Reign

Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH have set „The Satanist“ as the title of their tenth full-length album, due in the fall via Nuclear Blast in Europe and Metal Blade in North America. The CD is being recorded at Hertz studio in Bialystok, Poland with the help of the Wieslawscy brothers and Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, SOILWORK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD).

„It took us over two decades to come up with a title that… says it all,“ comments BEHEMOTH guitarist/vocalist Adam „Nergal“ Darski.

„While our new songs artistically take surprisingly adventurous directions, our message stands steadfast — proud and radical.

„‚The Satanist‘ stands for undying yearning for liberation and love for freedom in all aspects of life.

„Considering all our life experiences that often took dramatic curves, I couldn’t think of more appropriate and fitting statement of who and where we are now.“

In an interview with Rock N Roll Industries conducted aboard Barge To Hell extreme-metal cruise, Darski stated about the songwriting sessions for BEHEMOTH’s next album: „I’m really thinking about my record. I’m dreaming my record, I’m eating my record, I’m shitting my record… I mean, everything just comes to the same thing: this artistic release that’s gonna take place in the fall. That’s the plan. … I’m so hyped and I’m so into delivering new stuff. I have this thought: every time I come up with a new theme or a new song idea, I think it’s actually better than the one before. So I hope that this process stops at a certain point and I’m, like, ‚OK, over. This is it. We’re working on this bunch of songs and that’s it.‘ Because this way I can go on forever.“

In an April 2012 interview with Metal Blast, Nergal offered more information about BEHEMOTH’s mindset going into the next album. „We want to take our time and not rush ourselves in any way,“ he said. „It looks like it might be the most important album in our career. I want to make the most honest record and I won’t be bending to anyone’s rules or expectations, including [BEHEMOTH’s record labels] Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast. Every next BEHEMOTH album is a surprise and is never the same. . . We don’t want to stress ourselves because the music business and the direction it takes is not as I would like it to be. That means we will be going against the current again and just do as we will and please. Whatever we do is going to be BEHEMOTH, 100%. It is the state of our will and nobody can deny it. I can tell you that we aren’t going to come out with a reggae or country album; it’s going to be BEHEMOTH, it’s going to be extreme. But don’t be surprised if people listened to it and said, ‚Fuck, they did it. It’s so amazing.‘ [laughs] That’s what I like to say when I listen to my own music. I love to surprise myself. I hate things that are predictable. I want to surprise myself and surprise other people, as well. . . Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge AC/DC fan and I expect AC/DC to be AC/DC, but don’t expect BEHEMOTH to put out another ‚The Apostasy‘, ‚Demigod‘ or ‚Evangelion‘ album, because that will not happen.“

sehr schön, erwarte einiges
    nur der Titel… rolleyes.gif

Highlights von metal-hammer.de
    #6847649  | PERMALINK

Delirium

Wird so oder so gekauft. Bin sehr gespannt!

--

Ich meineseits finde [COLOR=#ff0000]Black Metal[/COLOR] ziemlich krass und düster , langweilt aber meinermeinug auf dauer. Die erste von Behemooth ist zu empfehlen.
    #6847651  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Wird ’n Brett.

--

#6847653  | PERMALINK

chugchug

Jau, darauf freue ich mich.

--

also ich würd mich echter als dumm den als einen Troll ansehen.
    #6847655  | PERMALINK

Tenalach

Die werden wieder alles wegballern!

--

Remember Kids: Its not across the street, its down the alley! Let it count! :) Musiksammlung
    #6847657  | PERMALINK

New Millenium Cyanide Cleef

Wird gut.

--

Behold the Anti-Monitor. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
    #6847659  | PERMALINK

Holothurion

Tendentiell eher eine überbewertete Kapelle. Deren uralte Black-Metal-Werke fand ich da noch am Interessantesten:aah:

--

#6847661  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

HolothurionTendentiell eher eine überbewertete Kapelle. Deren uralte Black-Metal-Werke fand ich da noch am Interessantesten:aah:

Naja. Sie sind vor allem live eine absolute Macht. Das letztjährige Breeze… da haben die ein arschgeiles Konzert abgeliefert 🙂
    Auf Platte mag ich sie aber genauso 🙂

--

#6847663  | PERMALINK

Necrofiend

HolothurionTendentiell eher eine überbewertete Kapelle. Deren uralte Black-Metal-Werke fand ich da noch am Interessantesten:aah:

Seh ich eigentlich genauso.

--

Support the dying cult of underground metal! Stay black and brutal forever! If it was not for my parents I would have tried to kill myself before Instead i listend to Slayer and dreamt on A world without war is like a city without whores
    #6847665  | PERMALINK

Aristophanes

Das ist doch so ein typischer Nergal-Personenkult. Rein musikalisch würde das keinen vom Hocker hauen und nahezu kein Interesse hervorrufen, wenn da nicht Nergal sich in Szene setzen würde. Zu den Live-Konzerten kann ich nichts sagen, da ich sie noch nie live gesehen habe.

--

Am I the only one crushed by the weight of the world?
    #6847667  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Keine Ahnung, wie du das mit dem Personenkult in Spiel bringst, aber zu Zeiten von „Zos Kia Kultus“ und „Demigod“ war der gute noch nicht wirklich so im Fokus, wie er es heutzutage ist. Und das sind in meinen Augen zwei hervorragende Alben 🙂

--

#6847669  | PERMALINK

Aristophanes

Ich will gar nicht leugnen, dass BEHEMOTH auch schon vor dem unglaublichen Bekanntheitsgrad von Nergal hörbare Alben herausgebracht haben. Aber dass man im Jahre 2012/13 BEHEMOTH als DIE Referenz für Black/Death-Metal Scheibe anführt und so tut als hätten die Herren ausschließlich großartiges Material herausgebracht, ist schon der medialen Präsenz von Nergal geschuldet und nicht der musikalischen Qualität.

--

Am I the only one crushed by the weight of the world?
    #6847671  | PERMALINK

DarkMonk

Freue mich sehr drauf!
    Natürlich hat Behemoth durch Nergals diverse Auftritte und seine Erkrankung viel Publicity erfahren,aber das hat mich nie wirklich anders über deren Musik denken lassen und die fand ich schon seit den früheren Alben einfach Klasse. Wenn ich mich nur an Satanica, Demigod und Zos Kia Kultus zurückerinnere hab ich direkt Bock drauf!

--

#6847673  | PERMALINK

DragonLady666

Auf das Album freue ich mich sehr.

--

#6847675  | PERMALINK

New Millenium Cyanide Cleef

Also ich konnte bis jetzt jedem Album etwas abgewinnen, aber das liegt ganz bestimmt nicht am „Personenkvlt“ um Nergal.

--

Behold the Anti-Monitor. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 203)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.