Triptykon – Anfang 2014

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen Triptykon – Anfang 2014

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)
  • Autor

Nezyrael

Quote:
    TRIPTYKON — the group formed by former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) — is working on material for its sophomore full-length CD, tentatively due in early 2014.

In a series of online messages, Fischer states: „I am writing much music for the new album, however. As of right now, it is very dark and very varied.

„The title of the album, the artwork, and the general design have all been chosen. I do hope to see it finished approximately by the end of the year.“

Regarding the approach to his guitar playing on the new TRIPTYKON material, Fischer said: „My guitar tone/sound will likely continue to evolve, albeit within the limits of a certain direction.

„My current guitar tone is the result of a continuous effort to achieve a tone which represents me, i.e., my emotional landscape, perfectly. I have never been able to identify more with my guitar tone than in recent years (on ‚Monotheist‘ and, particularly, ‚Eparistera Daimones‘ and the associated tours). I have spent some three decades pursuing this a tone/sound, and I feel etremely comfortable with it now, and I see little impetus to change it at this time. Above all, it yields the heaviness and darkness I seek. To me, this type of a continuous mutation within a certain frame of mind can best be explained when one looks at the three consecutive versions of the song ‚Triumph Of Death‘… The simple reason is that I am not ‚youthful‘ anymore at this point in my life, and it is logical that my music and approach is thus different. I will turn 50 this year, and it would be utterly naive to expect that my sound is exactly the same 31 years after I started HELLHAMMER as a teenager. If it was, it would be an act, i.e., a lie… My ‚aggression‘ is [still] there. It has changed, though. It is of a very different kind nowadays. If anything, it is far more profound.“

In other news, Fischer has revealed that he is also working on „another musical project“ which he promises is „equally dark and heavy on various levels.“

He added: „There are only a handful of people who know of this project at this time.

„The new TRIPTYKON album is my priority. It is very likely that any other project will be completed only after it is finished.“

„Shatter“, the latest five-track EP from TRIPTYKON, sold around 500 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 90 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

„Shatter“ was released on October 25, 2010 (Europe) and October 26, 2010 (North America).

At a playing time of approximately 28 minutes, „Shatter“ consists almost entirely of previously unreleased music.

TRIPTYKON consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass), and Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice, guitars). The group has unambiguously stated that it pursues the continuation and further development of the path Warrior began in HELLHAMMER and CELTIC FROST.

Quelle

--

Bad Ass Me ~ Totgehört ~ Verkaufe CDs Prüchtepunch mit Schuss "also ich würd mich echter als dumm den als einen Troll ansehe" - Ivan Dirus
    Highlights von metal-hammer.de
    #6848873  | PERMALINK

Motorbreath89

#6848875  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Endlich….. 🙂

--

#6848877  | PERMALINK

Epidemic Reign

Endlich, wird natürlich gekauft
    Album des Jahres – Kandidat

#6848879  | PERMALINK

Tiz

Ah jo, das Debut war gut bis sehr gut. Wird wohl geholt.

#6848881  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Das zweite Album mit den Titel „Melana Chasmata“ von TRIPTYKON wird am 14. April bei Prowling Death Records/Century Media erscheinen. TRIPTYKON ist das Occult Avant Garde Metal Projekt vom ehemaligen HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST Sänger, Gitarrist und Hauptsongwriter Tom Gabriel Warrior, gegründet nach seinem Ausstieg bei CELTIC FROST 2008.

“Melana Chasmata” wurde produziert von Tom Gabriel Warrior und TRIPTYKON Gitarrist V: Santura, sowie aufgenommen im V. Santura’s Woodshed Studio in Bayern und im TRIPTYKON Bunker in Zürich.

Tom Gabriel Warrior: “We have been working on Melana Chasmata for some three years, in various shapes and forms. It’s not an easy album by any means, and to me personally it reflects an extremely complex gestation period, musically, spiritually, and, due to certain circumstances in my life, emotionally. At the same time, the album unquestionably reflects the continuity I was longing for so much during Celtic Frost’s period of self-destruction and demise. Hearing Triptykon creating such utter darkness again and exploring the potential of these new songs has been incredibly invigorating and inspiring.”

TRIPTYKON ist:

Guitar, Vocals: V. Santura
    Drums, Percussion: Norman Lonhard
    Bass: Vanja Slajh
    Voice, Guitars: Tom Gabriel Warriro

TRIPTYKON Live 2014:

February 21 Bergen (Norway) – USF Verftet / Blastfest www.blastfest.no
    April 13 Tilburg (The Netherlands) – 013 / Roadburn Festival www.roadburn.com
    April 30 Tilburg (Germany) – Backstage Backstage / Dark Easter Metal Meeting

Mehr Tourtermine folgen in Kürze…

http://www.stormbringer.at/news_41770/triptykon-werden-ihr-zweites-album-im-april-2014-veroeffentlichen.html

--

#6848883  | PERMALINK

Bibsch

#6848885  | PERMALINK

Skarrg

El warriro!

--

Ich brech mit meiner Nase deine Faust! Yüah!
    #6848887  | PERMALINK

Epidemic Reign

Triptykon Announce Melana Chasmata Details

Triptykon’s second album, „Melana Chasmata“ (rough translation: „black, deep depressions/valleys“) will be released on April 14 (Europe) and April 15 (North America), 2014, through Century Media Records/Prowling Death Records Ltd.

Like its predecessor „Eparistera Daimones“, the album was produced by Triptykon’s singer/guitarist Tom Gabriel Warrior and guitarist V. Santura and recorded and mixed at V. Santura’s own Woodshed Studio in southern Germany as well as at Triptykon’s rehearsal facilities in Zurich, Switzerland, in 2013 and 2014. Those who have already heard „Melana Chasmata“ have described it as „atmospheric, dark, diabolical, and dramatic“, „diverse, epic, and doomy, but on an entirely different level“, „a fierce boulder of abhorrence“, or „very heavy and yet very aesthetic at the same time“.

“Melana Chasmata“ will feature the following nine songs, at a playing time of around 67 minutes:

1. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
    2. Boleskine House
    3. Altar Of Deceit
    4. Breathing
    5. Aurorae
    6. Demon Pact
    7. In The Sleep Of Death
    8. Black Snow
    9. Waiting

Further new Triptykon music has been recorded, to be released as an EP or mini album later in 2014 or early in 2015.

Among other formats, the album will be released as a 32-page mediabook (with lyrics and liner notes to every song, and with a special fold out poster), as a gatefold vinyl double album (with posters and large-format booklet), and for digital download. Additionally, Century Media is scheduled to issue a special box set, limited to 2000 copies. The box set will include the album, a Triptykon silver pendant, a poster, postcards, a Triptykon tote bag, and a cap.

To commemorate the unveiling of „Melana Chasmata“, Century Media will release a collector’s gatefold 7″ vinyl single, featuring the songs „Breathing“ and „Boleskine House“. The single will be available on March 17, 2014, and be limited to a pressing 1000 (of which 200 will be in red vinyl). „Breathing“ and „Boleskine House“ will also be available as a digital single (including the option for a digital booklet), and they will be streamed on YouTube and Soundcloud.

“Melana Chasmata“ will be further distinguished by featuring, for the second time for Triptykon, the extraordinary art of legendary Swiss surrealist HR Giger. Following „Eparistera Daimones“, the group began to make arrangements for an entirely different cover for the second album. Completely unexpectedly, HR Giger approached Tom Gabriel Warrior in October of 2011 to express his appreciation of how Triptykon had used his art on the first album and to propose a continuation of the artistic collaboration. This development thus marks the first time any musical artist has worked with HR Giger on three albums (Celtic Frost’s „To Mega Therion“, and Triptykon’s „Eparistera Daimones“ and „Melana Chasmata“), and it commemorates a collaboration that has now lasted for 30 years.

“Melana Chasmata“ features Giger’s dramatically mysterious „Mordor VII“ (work no. 283, 100 x 70 cm, acrylic on wood, 1975) as a front cover and Giger’s „Landschaft XVI“ [„Landscape XVI“] (work no. 209, 100 x 70 cm, acrylic on paper on wood, 1972) as gatefold art.

After a lengthy hiatus, Triptykon will return to the stage this year to promote „Melana Chasmata“. Among the concerts so far scheduled are appearances at the celebrated Roadburn Festival, at Rock Hard Festival, and, pending the issuance of the proper visas by US authorities, Triptykon’s return to the United States for an exclusive appearance at Maryland Death Fest. For further information on live dates, please refer to Triptykon’s presence on the web.

Triptykon consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass, vocals), and Tom Gabriel Warrior (voice, guitars).

Quelle: Facebook

sehr schönes cover, wird wohl ein blindkauf

#6848889  | PERMALINK

MrPsycho

Da schließe ich mich der allgemeinen Euphorie an, freu mich drauf.

#6848891  | PERMALINK

DeathHuman

Bin mal gespannt.

--

True Black Metal: No Mosh, No Core, No Fun, No Trends
    #6848893  | PERMALINK

Necrofiend

Haben bei mir garnichts bewegt.

--

Support the dying cult of underground metal! Stay black and brutal forever! If it was not for my parents I would have tried to kill myself before Instead i listend to Slayer and dreamt on A world without war is like a city without whores
    #6848895  | PERMALINK

Motorbreath89

Blindkauf. Wobei mir leider noch die Shatter-EP fehlt 🙁
    Ist die eigentlich essentiell?

#6848897  | PERMALINK

Roy Black Metal

EInfache Frage, einfache Antwort: Nö.

--

Oberste moralische Instanz des Forums. Kaiser von Europa und Imperator des Forums. Unterwerft euch, hopp hopp!
    UlverRoy hat recht, alle Anderen keine Ahnung.
    #6848899  | PERMALINK

PaganBob

Motorbreath89Wird blind gekauft. Die Full-Length war der Hammer.

Dem hab ich nix hinzuzufügen 🙂

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.