Rob Dukes verlässt Exodus; Zetro kommt zurück

Home Foren Maximum Metal Metal, Menschen, Sensationen Rob Dukes verlässt Exodus; Zetro kommt zurück

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen - 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Autor

Mani

Guitarist Gary Holt of San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS has released the following statement: „As a band, we all had to make a very difficult choice to part ways with [our singer of the past nine years] Rob Dukes. We have nothing but love and admiration for him and the deepest gratitude for the hard work he has put in and the great work on some killer records. But at this time, Tom [Hunting, drums], Lee [Altus, guitar], Jack [Gibson, bass] and myself thought a change was necessary and the unanimous choice going forward was to welcome back Steve Souza [pictured] to the fold!“

Souza, who previously fronted EXODUS from 1986 to 1993 and from 2002 to 2004, adds: „I spent a great part of my life with EXODUS. That blood flows through me, even not being in the band for the past 10 years, you can’t erase that chemistry. I’m very excited!“

Dukes joined EXODUS in January 2005 and appeared on four of the band’s studio albums — „Shovel Headed Kill Machine“ (2005), „The Atrocity Exhibition… Exhibit A“ (2007), „Let There Be Blood“ (2008, a re-recording of EXODUS‘ classic 1985 LP, „Bonded By Blood“) and „Exhibit B: The Human Condition“ (2010).

Back in March of this year, EXODUS entered a studio in Northern California with producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE) to record its tenth studio album. A month later, Dukes told Patch.com about the material that was slated to appear on the CD: „This album is very fast and has more of a punk rock feel to it, whereas I think the last few EXODUS albums were metal epics, with longer songs. These songs are shorter and a little faster. It has a really different feel to it. It sounds great.“

EXODUS last month played six shows as direct support to SLAYER (with openers SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) before joining GUNS N‘ ROSES, AVENGED SEVENFOLD and KID ROCK at this year’s Rock On The Range festival.

EXODUS‘ next live appearance is scheduled for July 11 at the Bang Your Head!!! festival in Balingen, Germany.

Zetro left EXODUS in September 2004 on the eve of the band’s South American headlining tour over what was described as long-standing business and personal differences. Holt subsequently issued a statement calling Souza „human crap“ for pulling out the trek „only about twenty-four hours before were ready to leave.“ He added, „Yes, he did a killer job on the new album [2004’s ‚Tempo Of The Damned‘], but mainly because we did not allow him to fuck everything up with his stupid Bon Scott impersonations anymore. We made him sing more like [previous vocalist Paul] Baloff. I tried to make it work. More than you can imagine. But he was (is) the most miserable pile of crap to be around.“

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-singer-steve-zetro-souza-is-back-in-exodus/#l954RAsL2y5DYlV3.99

Wow hät ich jetzt wirklich nicht erwartet. Gary hat vor einiger Zeit im Exodus Forum noch geschrieben, dass die Vocals schon fast fix und fertig sind.

--

"It's a fatal illusion... Evil never dies It never dies "
    Highlights von metal-hammer.de
    #6955217  | PERMALINK

Dr. Jones

Oh, das sind mal gute Nachrichten. Die Vocals vom Dukes konnte ich eh nie leiden.

#6955219  | PERMALINK

DeathJam

Ich mochte Dukes. Hab Exodus auch erst mit ihm und der letzten Platte kennengelernt. Souza passt meiner Meinung nach tzd. besser da rein, gerade weil ich „Tempo of the Damned“ als ziemlich genial erachte. Auch wegen seinen Vocals.

--

02.09. Nile & Suffocation, 20.09. Venom Inc, 16.10. Kyle Gass Band, 30.10. Die Kassierer, 03.11. Annihilator, 19.11. Slayer, 22.11 Deathcrusher Tour, 04.12. K.I.Z., 11. - 12.12. Eindhoven Metal Meeting
    #6955221  | PERMALINK

Mani

Zetro wird auch auf dem neuen Album sein, also die ganzen Vocals werden nochmals neu eingespielt.

--

#6955223  | PERMALINK

Bombenleger

Dukes war live gut, seine Alben mochte ich nicht. Zetro hab ich nie live gesehen, aber Tempo of the Damned war echt Killer, freu mich auf jeden Fall über seine Rückkehr!

--

Musik-Sammler Last.fm -.-. --- -. - .- -.-. - .-- .- ..- --- ..- - -- . ... ... .- --. . -. --- -.-. --- -- .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . ... . -. -. ->CONTACT WAITOUT MESSAGE NO COMPROMISSES
    #6955225  | PERMALINK

Axe To Fall

Uncool, Zetro brauch ich da echt nicht mehr.

--

Musik-Sammler „I met God and he had nothing to say to me.“
    #6955227  | PERMALINK

Murderer

Mir egal wer da schreit, die passen beide zu Exodus.

--

#6955229  | PERMALINK

Bombenleger

ManiZetro wird auch auf dem neuen Album sein, also die ganzen Vocals werden nochmals neu eingespielt.

Quelle?

--

Musik-Sammler Last.fm -.-. --- -. - .- -.-. - .-- .- ..- --- ..- - -- . ... ... .- --. . -. --- -.-. --- -- .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . ... . -. -. ->CONTACT WAITOUT MESSAGE NO COMPROMISSES
    #6955231  | PERMALINK

Necrofiend

Axe To FallUncool, Zetro brauch ich da echt nicht mehr.

Doch, Baloff ist ja nunmal tot…

--

Support the dying cult of underground metal! Stay black and brutal forever! If it was not for my parents I would have tried to kill myself before Instead i listend to Slayer and dreamt on A world without war is like a city without whores
    #6955233  | PERMALINK

totaldesaster_84

Und hier haben wir meinen WTF?-Moment der Woche.
    Wer hätte das geglaubt, bei dem Unfrieden, dens damals gegeben hat.

--

:horns:Großherzogin, Vollkatastrophe, alte Tante vom Dienst und Böse Hexe des Südwestens.:horns: Madame Desaster unterwegs: TBA ;-)
    #6955235  | PERMALINK

Mani

BombenlegerQuelle?

Yes it is all true what you have heard. Rob is no longer the singer for Exodus and Zetro has returned. This was the most difficult decision of our lives, one the entire band made, this was not a majority rule situation, that would not have worked, we all had to agree and we all did, no pressure, everyone had to be on the same page. This band has all the love for Rob you could ever have for someone, this was not easy. The details we will never bother going into, I only ask for people to be respectful both ways, for Rob and for Zetro. The lines of communication with the band and Steve are the strongest they’ve ever been, all things have been discussed, the past, present and future going forward . I have had the honor of watching Rob go from unknown guitar tech to awesome singer and frontman and could not be prouder, and his future is bright as fuck, that’s for sure. It doesn’t end here, the world will see plenty more from rob, this much I will bank on. But as for the new record, it is still in full swing, Steve will start vocals on Wednesday and the small sampling I have of him on the new songs is fucking amazing. His best shit ever is coming, be prepared, it’s going to kill. But I am well aware that as the so called face of the band it is I who will be blamed, the guy who masterminded it all, yada yada yada, but this was a choice made by all, and the most fucked upon things is doing this, it wasn’t easy, none of us have ever been good at this shit despite all the lineup changes over the years. Rob’s contributions are some of the best stuff this band has ever did, a big part of this bands return, and we our grateful.

Hat Gary im offiziellen Forum gepostet.

--

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen - 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.