My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 66)
  • Autor

Epidemic Reign

My Dying Bride are in the studio recording their 12th full studio album at Academy Studios’ in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire the mix and some final edits will take place at Futureworks in Manchester.
    Engineering work is being taken care of by Keith Appleton, Dan Mullins and Mags.
    No definite release date as yet but considering the recording has only just started it’s not looking good for this year but who knows.
    Drums are done and Calvin is as we speak working on his side of the guitar tracks. We haven’t had a lot of time for pictures but we promise to get some up before recording is finished.
    As of today we have 7 songs and the working titles are below, only Feel The Misery is a definite title the rest will change more than likely as we progress.
    Feel The Misery
    A Mirthless Morrow
    Candles
    To Shiver In Empty Halls
    Broken Hope
    Neptune Arise
    I Am Now As Death

quelle:FB

Highlights von metal-hammer.de
    #6978367  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Hurra. Freude. Jubel.

--

#6978369  | PERMALINK

Tenalach

Etwas schlechtes haben die noch nie veröffentlicht, trotzdem war die letzte eher so ne höhere Durchschnittsplatte.

--

Remember Kids: Its not across the street, its down the alley! Let it count! :) Musiksammlung
    #6978371  | PERMALINK

Axe To Fall

TenalachEtwas schlechtes haben die noch nie veröffentlicht, trotzdem war die letzte eher so ne höhere Durchschnittsplatte.

Empfand ich irgendwie genau so. FLIS und ALODK waren aber super, also gehe ich da mal optimistisch ran.

--

Musik-Sammler „I met God and he had nothing to say to me.“
    #6978373  | PERMALINK

Epidemic Reign

also ich finde AMOAOF eines der besten Alben. Da ich bis auf eine Ausnahme finde ich alle Alben gut finde, erwarte ich einiges.

#6978375  | PERMALINK

chainsaw

Freu mich! Mal sehn was Calvin einbringt. Der Bonustrack vom letzten Album „My Faults Are Your Reward“ war der Hammer!

--

#6978377  | PERMALINK

Epidemic Reign

It’s certainly not commercial, its just well done. There are lots of growl vocals and probably some of the best clean vocals done for some time. It is a faster record in places but not traditional death metal or blasting it is heavy as fuck no pussy footing around or trying to be something we’re not and where it’s not totally metal it’s dreary, lovely grimness. It also has some very different vibes to it too, all dark, all in mourning, i obviously can’t say much more. But might.

Album Title “Feel The Misery” track listing.

1, And My Father Left Forever
    2, To Shiver In Empty Halls
    3, A Thorn Of Wisdom
    4, Feel The Misery
    5, I Almost Loved You
    6, I Celebrate Your Skin
    7, A Cold New Curse
    8, Within A Sleeping Forest

The Decibel track will not be on the album. It nearly wasn’t on the Decibel Mag and still isn’t quite finished, thats called Hollow Cathedra at the moment and is likely to stay that way, an odd track of mesmerising guitar swirls interjected with violin and guitar harmonies that sit aside vocals that just drip with an emotion not heard for some time, a daring song in some respects and not for the „cafeteria“ MDB listener. probably a divider of opinions but a good song none the less i think.

Back to the album chit chat though – I am pretty sure we have a good album. Its not a trip down memory lane however, and the bring back Turn Loose The Swans brigade are once again going to be pissed right off, it’s new and different though and in some very unique ways, it is pretty much what we sound like without Hamish rather than what we sound like with Calvin right now. But in the same breath it wouldn’t be quite what it is without Calvin, his input not just a writer is valued heavily and only time will tell just how good a record we can produce together fully. On (FTM) his arrangement comments and good ideas have really made it a great start at contributing on an album together but i had all this music i had to get off of my chest and he gracefully and thankfully understood.

I would also like to point out that we shouldn’t forget Shaun and Lena in all of this, they’re now very good at being My Dying Bride and have certainly become good musicians and writers within their own right. Again the album wouldn’t be what it is without them also.

Ok i’ve blabbed too much already and would like to ask all who read this to keep it secret for now. Lets see if we can. Ha!

Keep a close eye on the Peaceville web page in the coming days -the official release and cover will be revealed. That part isn’t a secret.

Andy

#6978379  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Ich bin so gespannt auf die Scheibe.

--

#6978381  | PERMALINK

Souls to Deny

Ich auch. Außergewöhnliche Band!

--

#6978383  | PERMALINK

chainsaw

Cover:
    https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11403476_917165751678617_313926354311245805_n.jpg?oh=0bdc65d9a5dedb33c66ad29b4eb0983e&oe=562E3352

MY DYING BRIDE INVITES YOU TO FEEL THE MISERY. NEW ALBUM COMING SEPTEMBER 18th 2015

My Dying Bride’s latest opus and 12th full studio album, ‘Feel the Misery’, is set for release on 18th September on Peaceville Records. With crushing epic doom spanning 8 tracks, and featuring the return of original guitarist Calvin Robertshaw to the fold, this is undoubtedly amongst the band’s heaviest, darkest, & most majestic works to date, marking My Dying Bride’s 25th anniversary in punishing style, with the title track also set to feature as the album’s debut video.

‘Feel the Misery’ sees a notable return to the band’s old haunt, Academy Studios in Dewsbury West Yorkshire for recording, where all of My Dying Bride’s classic early albums were produced. Mixing once more takes place at Futureworks in Manchester UK with the band’s long-time studio engineer/producer, Mags.

The band comments on the themes of ‘Feel the Misery’: “Contained within are all the grandeur and mastery of the melancholic one would expect to find on a recording from this group of musicians. The crushing of hearts and the solemn farewells to friends and lovers twinned with the destruction of flesh and the passions of cruelty are laid neatly for the listener to devour and savour. Eight new compositions detailing the path of life through dark doors and the burdens we all must endure simply to make it to the end, My Dying Bride have returned with a foreboding new album which may enlighten, delight and consume the soul in one epic sitting”.
    ‘Feel the Misery’ will be released on CD, vinyl, plus a special edition 2CD/2×10” vinyl set in deluxe earbook format, with exclusive music & expanded booklet.

Tracklisting:

1. And My Father Left Forever
    2. To Shiver In Empty Halls
    3. A Cold New Curse
    4. Feel The Misery
    5. A Thorn Of Wisdom
    6. I Celebrate Your Skin
    7. I Almost Loved You
    8. Within A Sleeping Forest

My Dying Bride has been the leading light of doom metal since their debut album „As The Flower Withers“ was released on Peaceville Records back in 1992., the band’s heavy atmospherics and expertly crafted compositions make them among the most essential and legendary acts of the gothic doom/death genre.

--

#6978385  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Tolles Cover und wieder das alte Logo. Klasse.

--

#6978387  | PERMALINK

Tenalach

Habe das Gefühl, das dass wieder was ganz großes wird.

--

Remember Kids: Its not across the street, its down the alley! Let it count! :) Musiksammlung
    #6978389  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Wird groß. Nachdem Paradise Lost ja schon unfassbar stark vorgelegt haben, könnte dieses Album auch ein Schmankerl werden 🙂

--

#6978391  | PERMALINK

chainsaw

PainajainenWird groß. Nachdem Paradise Lost ja schon unfassbar stark vorgelegt haben, könnte dieses Album auch ein Schmankerl werden 🙂

Ja, da muss wohl auch die Deluxe Edition her!!!

„‘Feel the Misery’ will be released on CD, vinyl, plus a special edition 2CD/2×10” vinyl set in deluxe earbook format, with exclusive music & expanded booklet.

--

#6978393  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Auf jeden Fall !

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 66)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.