Abbath – Abbath

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen Abbath – Abbath

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 59)
  • Autor

Mani

ABBATH, the new band led by ex-IMMORTAL frontman Olve Eikemo (a.k.a. Abbath), will release its debut album in January 2016 via Season Of Mist.

ABBATH made its live debut in June at the Tuska open-air metal festival in Helsinki, Finland.

Bass duties for ABBATH are being handled by a man familiar to metal fans across the world — Tom Cato Visnes, more widely known as King Ov Hell and main composer for several GORGOROTH albums as well as his own bands OV HELL, with singer Shagrath from DIMMU BORGIR, and GOD SEED, with exceptional black metal vocalist Gaahl. His fellow GOD SEED member and BORKNAGAR percussionist, Baard Kolstad, has also joined ABBATH on drums.

At Tuska, ABBATH premiered a brand new song titled „Fenrir Hunts“ alongside classic IMMORTAL material, including „One By One“. A handful of songs from Abbath and King’s 2006 project I were performed live for the first time.

Fan-filmed video footage of ABBATH performing on August 8 at the Heavy Montreal festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada can be seen below.

Abbath announced earlier this year that he was moving forward under his own name.

The musician last year claimed that he rightfully attempted to secure exclusive rights to the IMMORTAL name and logo after lyricist/guitarist Demonaz (real name Harald Nævdal) and drummer Horgh (real name Reidar Horghagen) effectively quit the legendary Norwegian black metal group.

„I didn’t want to go solo in the first place,“ Abbath told U.K.’s Metal Hammer magazine. „I wanted the best for IMMORTAL. I didn’t want it to end this way. First of all, I just wanted my music out. I wanted to record the [next] album [because] it’s been so many years since ‚All Shall Fall‘. And both Demonaz and Horgh, they have kids and families now, and it just hit that point where I couldn’t work the way they wanted to work any more. I wanted things on my terms and they wanted things on their terms, and it was very difficult.“

He continued: „I wanted to rehearse at least three times a week, but often it was only once a week and things went so slow. I sat there with all this material, I kept the rehearsal space and recorded the stuff on click track, but it was a very strained atmosphere and the Last time we worked together was in early June last year.“

Asked if the decision to part ways and seek out new band members was inevitable, Abbath said: „I was forced to do it this way. I wanted IMMORTAL to continue, but not the way it was. The dialogue has not been there and it’s also my mistake. I should have brought up this shit a long time ago, but IMMORTAL, after Demonaz’s problems with his arms, it never became a band after that.“

He continued: „IMMORTAL is a very special situation. [Demonaz] hasn’t been in the band, but then I always wanted to do the best for everybody, to have the band spirit, and that’s why when we decided to start IMMORTAL again, we tried to get the spirit back, and bring him on tour, and just share our thing and be a band and have a kick-ass time. But it never worked out. The chemistry wasn’t there with the IMMORTAL guys and hadn’t been for a while.“

Abbath added: „I believe in my music and I believe in my expression, but time flies and we grow apart. Maybe in the future we can go back again, I don’t know, but right now I just want to do my thing and just be ABBATH and have people around me who support that.“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZNxzSHb-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=0R-0ey4kchc

Mir gefällts.

--

"It's a fatal illusion... Evil never dies It never dies "
    Highlights von metal-hammer.de
    #7038153  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Gut, „Warriors“ kennt man ja schon seit vielen Jahren. „Fenrir Hunts“ ist ganz okay. Mal sehen, was das letztlich gibt.

--

#7038155  | PERMALINK

Schwarzwurzeleintopf

Passt…das könnte gut werden, freu mich drauf.

#7038157  | PERMALINK

DeathHuman

Spricht mich nicht so an.

--

True Black Metal: No Mosh, No Core, No Fun, No Trends
    #7038159  | PERMALINK

Kaeltetod

Finde die Songs eigentlich recht gut Oo
    Bin aufjedenfall gespannt….aber kanns sein, dass Abbath weniger „knarzig“ klingt als früher?

--

The world is grey, the mountains old The forge's fire is ashen and cold No harp is wrung, no hammer falls The darkness dwells in Druin's halls
    #7038161  | PERMALINK

DeathHuman

Kältetodaber kanns sein, dass Abbath weniger „knarzig“ klingt als früher?

Der Gesang ist schon irgendwie anders.

--

#7038163  | PERMALINK

Souls to Deny

Mein Interesse ist schon mal geweckt.

--

#7038165  | PERMALINK

Dubby

Meines besteht weiterhin nicht. Der Stuff klingt nett. Von nettem Stuff gibt es da draußen aber mehr als genug, da befasse ich mich lieber mit geilem Stuff. Die rechtliche Aktion mit Immortal erzeugt desweiteren einen bitteren Beigeschmack.

--

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh [COLOR=#006400]Cthulhu[/COLOR][COLOR=#008080] R'lyeh[/COLOR] Wgah'nagl fhtagn. The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown ...
    #7038167  | PERMALINK

Souls to Deny

Hmm ne, bei mir ist da kein bitterer Beigeschmack bzw. sind mir solche internen Bandstreitigkeiten äußerst gleichgültig.

--

#7038169  | PERMALINK

MrPsycho

Ja, wird man sich wohl geben können, auch wenn der Gesang wirklich etwas schwächer als bisher daherkommt. Klingt irgendwie ein wenig ausgelaugt.

#7038171  | PERMALINK

Spitter

Eine gewisse vorfreude ist da 🙂 . Auch wenn ich ebenfalls Sagen muss Abbath hört sich anders an , evtl. liegts auch am (live) wenns live ist.

--

#7038173  | PERMALINK

DarkMonk

#7038175  | PERMALINK

Dubby

Bescheidenes Cover Artwork
    Durchschnittlicher Song

Klingt ein wenig nach Immortal mit der „Hauptsache was releasen Attitüde“
    PS: Der Akustik Part und das nachfolgende ist ganz nett !

--

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh [COLOR=#006400]Cthulhu[/COLOR][COLOR=#008080] R'lyeh[/COLOR] Wgah'nagl fhtagn. The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown ...
    #7038177  | PERMALINK

Mani

Mir gefällts. Wie sonst auch alles von Abbath und mit Abbath.

--

"It's a fatal illusion... Evil never dies It never dies "
    #7038179  | PERMALINK

DeathHuman

Jo. Ziemlich lame.

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 59)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.