Re: Alice Cooper – Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen Alice Cooper – Welcome 2 My Nightmare Re: Alice Cooper – Welcome 2 My Nightmare

#6041915  | PERMALINK

Red

Aus Night Shift wird nix. Wurde anscheinend alles über den haufen geworfen für ein Welcome To My Nightmare 2.

Radio Metal attended a press conference with legendary rocker Alice Cooper on June 19 at the Hellfest in Clisson, France. Among other topics, Cooper discussed his next album, the sequel — or „shriekquel,“ as he likes to call it — to „Welcome To My Nightmare“. An excerpt from the report follows below.

Q: It appears Alice is currently writing a new album — an album that we heard was a sequel to the mythical „Welcome To My Nightmare“, no less…

Cooper: „I’ve heard that, too! I’ve got the three new songs right with me. [He shows a CD in his jacket.] I’m very happy with working with [producer] Bob [B]Ezrin again. It’s ‚Welcome 2 My Nightmare‘, and it’s the next nightmare. Thirty years later, he has another nightmare, and this one is even worse than the last one. . . I haven’t worked with Bob in a long time. After the 35th anniversary of ‚Nightmare‘, I said, ‚Why don’t we start writing something else?‘ And he said, ‚Why don’t we just do part two?‘ We’d never done part two, so I went, ‚That’s a great idea. Let’s get me and you together, I think we can still get Steven Hunter and Dick Wagner. We’ll put some of the original people on it and add some new people.“

Q: What will the sound be like? Is the goal to revisit the past, just like with „Dirty Diamonds“, or rather to set this sequel in the current world, and therefore give it a resolutely modern sound?

Cooper: „I didn’t think that we could recreate the sound, but the first three things we did are identical to that era. In fact, we purposely added a few ’70s things to it to give it that ’70s sound. Without even trying, it sounded just like ‚Nightmare‘. If we can keep that going, it will really be something. It captures an era.“

Read the full report at Radio Metal.

--