Re: My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery

Home Foren Maximum Metal Plattenladen My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery Re: My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery

#6978377  | PERMALINK

Epidemic Reign

It’s certainly not commercial, its just well done. There are lots of growl vocals and probably some of the best clean vocals done for some time. It is a faster record in places but not traditional death metal or blasting it is heavy as fuck no pussy footing around or trying to be something we’re not and where it’s not totally metal it’s dreary, lovely grimness. It also has some very different vibes to it too, all dark, all in mourning, i obviously can’t say much more. But might.

Album Title “Feel The Misery” track listing.

1, And My Father Left Forever
2, To Shiver In Empty Halls
3, A Thorn Of Wisdom
4, Feel The Misery
5, I Almost Loved You
6, I Celebrate Your Skin
7, A Cold New Curse
8, Within A Sleeping Forest

The Decibel track will not be on the album. It nearly wasn’t on the Decibel Mag and still isn’t quite finished, thats called Hollow Cathedra at the moment and is likely to stay that way, an odd track of mesmerising guitar swirls interjected with violin and guitar harmonies that sit aside vocals that just drip with an emotion not heard for some time, a daring song in some respects and not for the „cafeteria“ MDB listener. probably a divider of opinions but a good song none the less i think.

Back to the album chit chat though – I am pretty sure we have a good album. Its not a trip down memory lane however, and the bring back Turn Loose The Swans brigade are once again going to be pissed right off, it’s new and different though and in some very unique ways, it is pretty much what we sound like without Hamish rather than what we sound like with Calvin right now. But in the same breath it wouldn’t be quite what it is without Calvin, his input not just a writer is valued heavily and only time will tell just how good a record we can produce together fully. On (FTM) his arrangement comments and good ideas have really made it a great start at contributing on an album together but i had all this music i had to get off of my chest and he gracefully and thankfully understood.

I would also like to point out that we shouldn’t forget Shaun and Lena in all of this, they’re now very good at being My Dying Bride and have certainly become good musicians and writers within their own right. Again the album wouldn’t be what it is without them also.

Ok i’ve blabbed too much already and would like to ask all who read this to keep it secret for now. Lets see if we can. Ha!

Keep a close eye on the Peaceville web page in the coming days -the official release and cover will be revealed. That part isn’t a secret.

Andy