Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

Home Foren Live Tour-Tagebuch Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original Re: Breed 77 tour diary from Mexico – English Original

#4584471  | PERMALINK

Breed 77

Veracruz 21-25 April
concert Centro de Convenciones

Apart from the hours travelling from Queretaro to Veracruz in an exhausting heat we have been in mini holiday: sun, sea, drinks and lovely women for three days: VIVA MEXICO!

Veracruz is a lovely seaport where the Spanish conquistadores first landed in Mexico. It’s an amazing place. I am really sunburned but that’s not going to stop me rocking like a possessed demon of Rock n Roll at tonight’s gig. The sound check was done under an intense heat as the gig was at an open air venue. It was already around midday and the queue who wanted to get in was massive. They expected more than 10,000 people tonight. Our set went down a storm and the crowds went off like ape-shit. Literally spoken: those kids were a non-stop rocking machine. It’s an amazing site. The set was the usual one and the time flew although our drummer was suffering from dehydration after the set. It’s an oven here. After our set, whilst watching Mago de Oz, we ended up signing hundreds of autographs and posing for photos. The night was rounded down with an after party at a local rock club called ‚Dawsons‘, run by our good friend Chuck from Chicago who was heavy partying until sunrise as if he couldn’t do it any other way.

Orizaba Bull ring 26

Woke up with the biggest hangover in history (damn that tequilla). We had a nearly 3 hour drive. The city is quite picturesque, something you would find in a Desperado movie. The gig was awesome and the kids were crazier than those the day before. After Mago’s set we ended up running as more than 5000 kids broke through the barriers and invaded the stage. I’ve never seen anything like that. Tonight I have an early night. I am shattered and we have a long trip tomorrow to Tuxla Gutierrez deep in the Chiapas area.

Tuxla Gutierrez 27

My god, 10 hours drive and I had to get up at 7. That’s not very Rock n Roll my friends. On the way we stopped at a very typical small Mexican restaurant. Good food but spicy hot as hell. We got to the venue, a basketball court, in time for line check and started playing. Believe me, it was very hectic although we ended up having to play two songs less. The set came off as well as usual and the kids were mental here: good Mexican audience. I need to rest, so no partying tonight. Tomorrow we have a day off. We are going to the jungle to the river El Sumidero. I can’t wait. Well, until the next report.

best
DANNY

--